Allameh Tabataba'i University [ˌællɒː'me ˌtæbɒːtæbɒː'ʔiː juːnɪ'vəːsɪti] (ATU) is a public (state-owned) university specialised in the two main areas of humanities and social sciences. The university is divided into eleven major divisions, including 10 Faculties and a College:
- Faculty of Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Management and Accounting
- Faculty of Persian Literature and Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences
- Faculty of Psychology and Education
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Statistics, Mathematics, and Computer
- Faculty of Theology and Islamic Studies
- ECO College of Insurance
There are currently 64 academic departments in ATU. The departments are distributed in the 11 divisions according to the regulations passed by the Supreme Council on Cultural Revolution, governed by the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology (MSRT). The departments are introduced on our Departments page.
ATU is named after a contemporary Iranian Islamic scholar and philosopher, Allameh Seyed Mohammad Hossein Tabataba'i. More detailed information about the late Allameh Tabataba'i is available on the Who Was Allameh Tabataba'i page. A brief history of ATU is also available on the ATU History page.
ATU is located in the capital of Iran, Tehran. Our 11 faculties and divisions are currently distributed in five main campuses located in various parts of Tehran. Address and locations of the five campuses are available on our Maps and Directions page.