Visa is a permission of entry into Iran for a limited period of time issued by the embassies and consulates general of the Islamic Republic of Iran abroad for foreign nationals, after receiving the approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. There are eleven visa types, including Entry Visa, Tourist Visa, Transit Visa, Student Visa, etc. Therefore, foreign nationals who intend to study in Islamic Republic of Iran have to apply for a Student Visa.
(All documents should be uploaded in JPG / JPEG format.)
- Completed visa application form, from the following link: http://www.saorg.ir:8081;
- Applicant's passport valid for at least 6 months and having two blank pages remaining in the passport;
- Recent personal photograph (size 3x4 cm, not exceeding 50 Kilo Bytes);
- Last graduation certificate or complete transcript of records (not exceeding 100 Kilo Bytes);
- Two recommendation letters (not exceeding 100 Kilo Bytes);
- Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 100 Kilo Bytes).
After you fill out and submit the forms, the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT) will contact ATU for further information. Subsequently, we will email a specific visa code to the applicant. Then, the applicants will give their passport to the Embassies of Islamic Republic of Iran in their countries to receive their Student Visas. Please fill free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you encounter any problems in this process.
To study at ATU, as in all other Iranian universities, public and non-public, applicants are required to have a Student Visa. Thus, please make sure not to apply for any other visa type for this purpose. Therefore, ATU will assume no responsibility for admitting the applicants who do not have a valid student visa.